Are you also annoyed with unwanted hair growth here and there on your body? Are you tired of using those conventional waxing kit to remove them? We can understand how difficult it can be! Your skin is very sensitive, and regular usage of conventional waxing techniques can severely affect your skin. What’s the solution? Well, this guide is all about that – solution!
Several mild, homemade, all-natural wax recipes can help you to remove unwanted hair from any part of your body.
Is having Unwanted Hair Normal?
Of course, there is nothing unnatural or abnormal about having unwanted hair. Approximately 10% of all women suffer from “facial hair” only. Usually, the unwanted hair is fine, light-colored, but can be thick and dark-colored as well.
What are the causes?
Hormonal imbalance is one of the major causes of excessive hair growth, especially facial hair in women. Excessive testosterone (male sex hormone) in a woman’s body is particularly linked with unwanted facial hair growth. Some other responsible factors are pregnancy, hereditary, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), and menopause, etc. If you notice sudden growth of hair, particularly in a short time, you should talk to your doctor.
How to remove unwanted hair?
Thankfully, you have multiple options to get rid of excessive body hair. And, there are some natural and safe methods to do it. These are not only safe for your body but are affordable as well. In this post, we will discuss some of the most effective of them all.
Homemade Wax Recipes for Unwanted Hair Removal
These wax recipes are easy to prepare, are not painful, and won’t put any pressure on your pocket! Here, you get three simple recipes:
Homemade sugar waxes are highlighted by a thick sugar substrate layer that works only on the hair, instead of sticking to your skin, and becomes very easy to remove, without any effort. As it doesn’t stick to the skin, there is no risk of pulling out the skin or uprooting the hair, and hence, you can wax unwanted hair without thinking about pain.
1. Sugar and Honey Wax
- One tbsp brown sugar or regular white sugar
- One tbsp raw honey
- One tbsp water
- A small, microwave-safe bowl
- A few thin, cotton cloth strips
- Mix all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Place the bowl inside the microwave oven.
- Cook the mixture for about thirty seconds or until there are bubbles in the mixture, and it turns brown.
- Keep the mixture aside and allow some cooling time.
- You can add more ingredients to get a thick consistency; otherwise the mixture is ready to use.
- Now, use a spatula to take some now-turned wax and apply on the affected body parts.
- Now, place the cloth strip over the wax-applied area, and press the strip firmly with your fingers.
- Follow the direction of growth while pressing.
- Leave for only a few seconds, and then remove the cloth very gently, but quickly in the reverse direction of hair growth. Don’t stop removing mid-way, even if you feel some pain.
- Use other cloth strips on other body parts to remove all the unwanted hairs.
Don’t forget to clean the area before applying sugar-honey wax, and always apply in the opposite direction of hair growth.
2. Sugar and Lemon Juice Wax
Adding lemon juice to hair-removal wax is superbly beneficial. Lemon juice works as a natural anti-microbial agent and can fight effectively against the bacteria responsible for breakouts. Hence, it is very good against different types of skin bumps as well. Thanks to its vitamin C content, lemon juice also provides the much-needed nourishment to your skin.
- One cup brown sugar or regular white sugar
- Two tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Two tbsp water
- A medium-sized bowl
- A spatula
- A spoon
- A few pieces of cotton cloth
- Mix sugar and lemon juice in the bowl.
- Place the bowl over the stove with medium flame, and use a spoon to mix constantly.
- Keep mixing for 8-10 minutes to get a honey-like consistency.
- Turn the heat off and remove the bowl, and keep aside giving some cooling time.
- Get some help from a spatula, and apply on the skin affected with excessive hair.
- Cover the wax with a thin piece of cotton cloth, press it down very firmly, and remove the excess wax smoothly with your fingers.
- Pull the cloth rapidly in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat the last step continuously until you get rid of all hairs.
3. Sugar, Honey, and Lemon Juice Wax
What about using them all “TOGETHER”?
- One cup regular white or brown sugar
- Two tbsp raw honey
- One tbsp freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- A microwave-safe bowl
- Some cloth strips
- A spatula
- Mix all three ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Heat the mixture for about three minutes and get the perfect waxy consistency.
- Get the bowl out of the microwave and keep aside for a few minutes.
- Use the mixture when it is still warm, and apply on the affected skin with the spatula.
- Place the cloth strip gently over the wax, and press smoothly with your fingers.
- Now, pull the cloth gently in the opposite direction of hair growth.
- Repeat the last three steps until you get rid of all the unwanted hairs.
If you have skin inflammation or sunburn, avoid waxing as it can further aggravate the irritation. And also, avoid using wax over acne, burn, cut, or pierced the skin.
These are some very effective as well as safe homemade hair-removal wax, highlighted by sugar. Look, hair growth in the conditions mentioned-above is very common, and you should not be worried about it. And you don’t need to get any medical attention as well! Use any of these DIY waxing techniques to get your soft, smooth skin free of excessive hair. Don’t forget to give your feedback to us. We will be more than happy to hear from you.